The first garden, known as Hortus Medicus, was created on 2 August 1600 by royal charter on a piece of land donated by the king, Christian IV.
It was located in Skidenstræde (now Krystalgade) and a residence for one of the professors of the university was also built at the site.
It was to have two directors, one appointed by the University and the other by the King.), usually referred to simply as Copenhagen Botanical Garden, is a botanical garden located in the centre of Copenhagen, Denmark.It covers an area of 10 hectares and is particularly noted for its extensive complex of historical glasshouses dating from 1874.The first University appointment to this post was Christian Friis Rottbøll, who had already managed the garden since Oeder's retirement, and the first royal appointment was Johan Theodor Holmskjold.At the same event, an associate professor was employed at the garden.
Search for copenhagen dating:
Among his initiatives was the establishment of a new section dedicated to Danish species, holding 570 species, and improved cataloguing of plants and seeds. During this phase the garden became still more cramped and it became evident that another expansion was needed.